travelling to different countries, seeing the world!
cycling, swimming, snorkelling, cooking, photography
Day 26 Marathon
June 26, 2016. Marathons are being held today in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii; Santa Cruz, California; Lubec, Maine; and Arlington, Virginia. The race in Arlington is indoors.
I’m not doing any of them. I may run or ride a few miles, though.
A marathon is 26.2 miles. Marathoners don’t start out running 26.2 miles! They start small and train for it. They work hard to reach that distance.
Tell us about something you worked for. Something you thought you might never accomplish, but you did.
If you have actually run a marathon, you can write about that!
This is a model boat HMS Bounty that Him Indoors made. It took him a couple of years to build it, but his patience and creativity paid off. He worked on it meticulously, thought about ways to bend the wood, sewed the sails and all the other details. I admired him for it. It kept him busy, especially when the weather wasn’t good so he could work in the cellar. Well done, Him Indoors!
Two years ago, we gave him this kit for HMS Victory and he loved it. He started working on it. It’s a bigger project than the HMS Bounty but I’m sure he loves the challenge. He’s halfway there. Good luck, Him Indoors!
1. Blogging – loving it! First thing in the morning, I check my emails then answer all the comments on my blogs. I love blogging, writing some fiction, poetry and non-fiction, posting some photos, reading, liking and commenting on other bloggers’ work. Blogging community is amazing!
2. Reading – I read a lot! from romance, thriller, horror, comedy, autobiographies, etc. I seem to have books all over the house, reading them during the day. And my kindle must have around 300 books and I take it on holidays.
3. Cycling – with Him Indoors, our Sunday cycling to the beer gardens and parks. Our favourite place is Ostpark where there’s a lake with three fountain, just hanging around there and watching the ducks, geese, swans, model boats, people eating and drinking.
4. Swimming – with Him Indoors on Thursday mornings, before he goes to work and me, before I do other things. We’re part of early swimmers, half an hour swim then ten minutes in the Jacuzzi – a lovely way to start our day.
5. Shopping – till I drop! I love shopping, feeling the materials, fitting dresses, trying them on, looking at the mirrors, retail therapy some people call it. I love it! I go with my friend, then we have lunch or coffee afterwards.
6. Travelling – love seeing new and exciting places. With Him Indoors, we have been to different parts of the world, with their own cultures and traditions and sense of fun.
A creative miscellany of mythic fantasies
Hoping to make the world more beautiful
get outdoors; find inspiration; discover yourself
"I saw the Angel in the marble, And I carved till I set him free." Every story has an impact, each tale matters
Sits down with The Two Doctors and .....
"Thoughts and matters"
It's a writers world, a world that seeks to explore and entertain
Let the light in!
Photographing.... that one moment in time...